check out my newest project Sometimesdaily with Amanda Congdon

Amanda UnBoomed

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Link Lovin': The Popurls Remix

Hot Library Smut?
Libraries are sexy.

Best Selling Books
Anyone have any favorites to recommend?

Canceling Casual Fridays

Don't worry. The real ones are coming back. ;)

More Crazy from the Cruise Camp

Hollywood stops taking his crap. Finally. Do it yourself, Tom!
"The Brooke Shields thing really turned women against him," a source close to the studio told The News. "It was the last straw."


Home Depot Invasion
More performance art from Improv Everywhere.

Kill a Complainer
This actually sounds like a handy solution! Try it out and let me know if it works.

30 Rock Gets a Bean?

It's just a beautiful big shiny bean. I wonder if it will play a role on 30 Rock.

"Some Indians regard Hitler as just another historical figure and have little knowledge about the Holocaust"?
Is this fo' serious?

Apple and Creative truce
Took long enough. Ah, bureaucracy. It's thick. I know-- I'm in it.

"marrying a "career girl" seems to lead to a fate worse than tangling with a hungry cougar"!
I think it's just funny that he got away with using the term "career girl" in Forbes...

Which Housewife Are You?
Go on and take it even if you're a guy, c'mon! I'm not even married but I got "Gabrielle". Yikes!

RiteAid Steps Up
My favorite pharmacy tries to stop being a loser.

Yes, Dell Sucks
Bet Jarvis got a kick outta this one.

Sympathy Vote
If you thought you were having a bad day...

4 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Mike Ambs said…

    Hmm... I'm not sure why but the "Thank God I have an HP" line made me laugh a little out loud. Yes, I guess you really dodged a bullet on that one.

    I feel so duped! There's no sluts at all in these library pictures...

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Steven said…

    Hi Amanda,

    It depends on what kind of books you like personally but books that I would recommend are as follows.

    Neuromancer by William Gibson
    Magician by Raymond E. Feist
    To Kill a Mokingbird By Harper Lee
    Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
    Catch 22 by Joseph Heller

    If your wanting something easy to read that keeps you occupied try anyone of Jeffrey Deaver's books. He wrote the book bone collector that got turned into a movie with Angelie Jolie and Denzel Washington.

    For a few laughs try Does anything eat wasps? from NewScientist. Some funny questions and answers.

    -Steven

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger tony c said…

    Re: Sympathy Vote

    Fake, see snopes.

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger rockethenry said…

    Amanda,
    Thanks for this great blog which could easily been a vlog. There were so many things to look at and enjoy. I too ended up being Gabrielle--well, hey, she's fun! I expect you are working out a next move that will be just the thing for you so I won't offer empathy or such but you know I'm always here to say I support you 100% And Casual Fridays are over without you! Well, 'nuff said.
    Love, d henry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home