check out my newest project Sometimesdaily with Amanda Congdon

Amanda UnBoomed

Friday, August 11, 2006

Jeremy's Birthday

Today is my friend Jeremy's birthday. We were born exactly one week apart. Jeremy and I have known each other since freshman year of high school and I remember the days when he was a dork. Now he is like some sexy indy rocker tooling around the Manhattan underground indie rock scene with his band, Murder Mystery. His sister Laura is the band's extremely talented drummer. And sorry but who's gunna tell me that girl drummer doesn't = hot. Jer's friend Adam is on bass.

From left to right: Jeremy, Laura, Adam.

Check out their music here.

Check out more photos here.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger WO7 said…

    Hey...Adam has his hand on Laura's leg. Ummm...Three piece is a hard way to fly.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    So weird. Mario and I were just talking about making your artwork "gift" my new header... don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. And then you commented!

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger WO7 said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger WO7 said…

    I meant to say, That would be very nice. Thanks, I need the boost.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Tommy DisCool said…

    Hi Amanda, I’m happy to hear that your ‘dork’ friend found his calling. I hope that he and the other members of the band do well. I also hope Rocco DeLuca does well. He is certainly worth a few minutes of your time, so please give him a listen.

    Your Good Friend,

    Tommy Discool

    PS; Kiefer Sutherland signed Rocco to his studio – Ironworks. I thought that was pretty cool. He heard Rocco do his song “Busride” in a small LA club and signed him up to record, if nothing else, that one song. With the help of Kiefer’s good friend and partner, Jude Cole, they ended up with an album entitled, “I Trust You To Kill Me.”

    You can find everything you ever wanted to know about Rocco right here:

    http://smozology101.blogspot.com

    Not only that but you can listen to some other fine music, like Tom Petty’s latest “Highway Companion” if you look up “Tom” in AcousticSpot.com The opening song is a catchy tune and I think you’d enjoy it.

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger Michael S. Troop said…

    Love their music. It is rare here in Garmany to find a band like them, makes me homesick.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Bryan said…

    Happy birthday by the way! I might be late I might not -maniacal laughter-

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Steven said…

    Girl drummers are hot :-D.


    What's your power move Amanda?


    - Steven

     

Post a Comment

<< Home